Tuesday, December 31, 2013

"Well, that's a wrap for 2013..."

Photo Credit: Courtney E. Carter
I honestly cannot believe that 2013 is coming to a close. I feel as if I say this every year, but boy did this year go by fast. It seems like just yesterday I turned 18, graduated from high school, and went on to college. I've come to understand that while we're in the moment, life seems to go by so slowly. However, when we step back and take a look at everything, it's easy to see that life is really flying by.

I've learned so much this year... the two biggest being "there's no place like home" and "family first." I've always known these things, but now that I've grown up (I know I act like I'm 2, but I'm 18) a lot this year, I've had a new appreciation for family. Growing up, I was always with my family. Going off to college really made me realize that I've taken so much for granted. While in college, I really realized that I've missed having dinner with my family every evening... every hug... every laugh... everything.

If I could sum up everything I learned in 2013 into one statement, it would be: People change, friends come and go, but, family is forever.

Well, that's a wrap for 2013. I usually go out to New Year's Eve / New Year's Parties with my friends, but this year I'm just going to stay home with my family, hang out, and watch the ball drop on television. Have fun tonight everyone and stay safe!

Photo collage by Courtney E. Carter
Photo of Dress: reddressboutique.com
Photo of heels: katespade.com
Photo of crossbody: rebeccaminkoff.com
Photo of necklace: Jcrew.com


xoxo, Courtney
________________________
Photo on left: taken by me
Dress: reddressboutique.com
Heels: www.katespade.com
Cross body: Rebeccaminkoff.com
Necklace: JCrew.com

No comments:

Post a Comment