Tuesday, January 21, 2014

What a Debby Downer Day

Today just was not my day. I think it's worse when you have something planned and you expect it to go perfectly, and it completely crumbles and fails and leaves your control. It's been a long, rough, Debby downer day.

I know there's that saying that there are so many people in the world, so do not let one ruin your day. However, it's hard when people flat out hurt you and don't seem to have any care in the world... and ruin a day for you that was supposed to be special (another hint, hint).

Now that I have finally been able to get my little rant out externally, I'm going to do my best to calm down and move on the best I can. I've found that it's hard for me to talk to people about things bothering me, but keeping things bottled up inside make everything worse. To find the proper medium, I write things out. It helps.

When I'm down on a particular day, I've found that it's helpful to think of at least five of the good things that have happened that day. Here are what I'm going to try to focus on rather than todays hurtful series of incidents:
Photo Credit: Courtney E. Carter
(1) Today was my first day of school for the week because of MLK day, so this will be a short week.
(2)  I now have the most perfect Big in my sorority that I could ever ask for.
(3) The weather was super nice out during the day.
(4) I had cheese-balls for the first time in years. (Thanks, Libby!)
(5) My Kate Spade ring that I ordered during their Christmas sale was delivered to my house, and my mom sent it up to me at my university and it arrived today! I love it!

I hope everyone had a much better day than I did. These things happen and these kinds of days happen, so it's important to keep your head up and your heart strong. The pain won't last for ever.

Work hard, give back, and love

xoxo, Courtney
My Youtube My Twitter My Instagram
_____________________________
Photo by: Courtney E. Carter

2 comments:

  1. Great advice! I totally agree that remebering your blessings helps when you are feeling down. Here's something to cheer you up! I nominated you for the Liebster Award! Check it out: http://simplydarlingxo.blogspot.com/2014/07/liebster-awardi-got-nominated-who-i.html

    xo-Claire

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Claire! Wow, you have definitely just made my day! I feel absolutely honored for nomination! Thank you, sweet girl. I will post my answers to your questions and nominate the next 11 tomorrow!

      xoxo, Courtney

      Delete