Sunday, June 22, 2014

A Little Letter Writing

Hello, hello, hello!

I hope everyone is marvelous this calm Sunday afternoon.

Now, I don't know about you all, but I am a sucker for snail mail! While I am attached to my electronics and am always texting, tweeting, emailing, etc (the list goes on and on), snail mail has actually proven to be my favorite way of communication. Obviously, writing letters is not the most practical communication tool for day to day life, but give me cute cards and sweet pen-pals, and I'm a happy gal!

homemade letters
It's actually somewhat of a thrill for me having to wait when I know a sweet letter is coming from of my blogging &/or YouTube friends. What I think makes snail mail so special is that it actually takes time to pick out or create a card, write the letter, attach the correct postage, and send it on it's way. Then, the receiver has to wait a few days before getting the lovely package in their hands. It's even more special when you don't know a letter is coming, and to your surprise, a bright envelope sealed with colorful washi-tape is there waiting for you when you come home! It takes only a few seconds to write a text message, and when a text is sent, the receiver will  get the message instantaneously or a few moments later.

I personally enjoy creating stationary myself. It's a relaxing past time for me and crafting is my middle name (not really, but I craft ALL the time). I'm a regular on YouTube and recently published a video showing 3 DIY Snail Mail Stationary Ideas which you can watch here. I hope you enjoy the video and let me know what you think!



Have a great rest of your weekend, my friends.

Work hard, give back, and love.


4 comments: