Wednesday, June 25, 2014

The Type A + Workaholic Life

g o o d m o r n i n g,

I would like to share a little bit of information about myself that's a good thing on one hand, but can drive myself and others around me crazy on the other. I was born with both a blessing and a curse. I'm living with Type A/Workaholic vibes pumping with each beat of my heart.

one of my fave outfits for work
You should also know that I'm one of those people that have to plan EVERYTHING out! I am the farthest thing from having a "go-with-the-flow" attitude. No, no, no! I need a plan. I need a schedule. I need my planner. I need my phone reminders. I need Post-it notes, paper, or my notes section of my smartphone near me at all times. I need to plan my work phone calls before I make them and prepare for what the receiver may say. I need a watch on at all times. I need to plan my outfit the day before. I need to plan... well, everything.

Being a workaholic can be a great thing! I am proud of my work ethic. I am working in an executive recruiting office this summer and always arrive at least 10 minutes early, complete my daily tasks thoroughly, ask every one repeatedly throughout the day if they need me to do anything else for them (even if I'm flooding in my own work!), and don't leave exactly when my shift is over unless I've completed everything I wanted to accomplish for that day. I work 8 hours every day, but that's not enough. There's a part of me that craves being busy... and even busier. I'm always thinking to myself, "What else can I plan out? What more can I do?"

For instance, while I should be spending my lunch breaks clearing my head (and I do sometimes!) I usually have my Youtube/Blogging notebook in hand and write down video ideas, blogging ideas, photo ideas, and just plan everything out until my fingers go numb. I just can't seem to give myself a break! When I come home from work, though exhausted, I start filming YouTube videos, editing YouTube videos, studying for my tough statistics class (which I didn't even have to take this summer, I CHOSE to to "get ahead"), and busying myself with tasks on tasks on tasks until my body cannot keep up anymore.

It stresses me out that I have to plan everything out throughly and don't always take as much time for myself as I should, but because of being Type A, I always get so much more out of a weekday than expected.

So what do you think about the Type A/Workaholic syndrome? Should I consider it a blessing or a curse?

Thanks for reading!

Work hard, give back, and love.


No comments:

Post a Comment