Sunday, July 27, 2014

An Errand Filled Weekend

And just like that it’s almost time to say goodbye to another weekend. After I got off work at 5:30pm, I spent my entire Friday evening relaxing because I knew Saturday and Sunday would be full! During the week, I had created a mammoth to-do list of everything that needed to be accomplished this weekend. Let me tell you, I got anxiety just looking at it! An evening in bed (with healthy snacks and Netflix as my companion!) was just what I needed to prepare for the busy weekend ahead.

I’m going back to college in about two weeks, so most of my errands centered around preparing for that. I don’t start classes until August 25th, but I have to drive up to Tallahassee early for (1) a week to prepare for sorority recruitment and then (2) a week of sorority recruitment itself. My apartment lease doesn’t start until the 22nd, so I’ll be living in the sorority house for about two weeks! I know recruitment is going to be stressful, but I am very excited for the experience and the time I’ll share with my sisters.

I began Saturday with selling clothes and accessories I don’t wear much anymore at Platos Closet. I hadn’t been in Platos Closet in a while and was absolutely amazed with everything! I always forget that they have such great quality used items for less. I was looking around the store as they were going through my clothing and stumbled upon a gorgeous pair of black Tory Burch wedges. They were being sold for $30. Yes, I repeat, $30. It was so hard to peal myself away from those beauties, but I had to tell myself that I didn’t need them.

After selling my clothes, I began shopping for recruitment and items for my new apartment at Target. You have no idea how excited I am to be living in an apartment this coming school year! Shopping for it made it really hit me that it’s almost time to move in! It’s a HUGE help that it’s fully furnished, so I don’t have to worry about buying any furniture. That being said, it is a 4 Bedroom and 4 Bathroom apartment, so I’ll be setting up for my own room and bathroom. Going from living in a dorm to this is paradise!

Shopping at Tar-jay

After a full day of shopping, I was exhausted. My parents really enjoy helping out at church, so we went to a 4pm Saturday mass, but when I came home, it was back to work! I had several emails centered around my YouTube and blog that needed to be answered, and my creative ideas needed to be planned out.

After a few hours of work, I treated myself to take-out from Panera (their Macaroni and Cheese is to die for!) and a night of Netflix. I did do some work while it was playing, but I also did try to relax some. I ended up finishing Gossip Girl for the 3rd time. Yes, you read that correctly. I have officially watched the entire series of Gossip Girl 3 times. (No shame!)

Panera & Netflix

After such a full day, you can only imagine how well I slept.

Sunday was not as busy as Saturday, but I still had half of a list that needed to be crossed out. I spent Saturday working on crafts I needed to do for my apartment and sorority, responding to emails, planning out YouTube videos, sending out resumes, and getting everything ready for the upcoming week. 

Getting my crafts set up

Cereal & Crafting

It’s been a non-stop weekend, but being busy often makes me happy. It comes with being Type A!

What did you do this weekend? I’d love to hear about it!

Work hard, give back, and love.

Chat later!

No comments:

Post a Comment