Sunday, July 6, 2014

Tallahassee and Thomasville

Hello all!

I hope you all had a great 4th of July Weekend. Hearing fireworks and seeing the amount of love we all have for our great nation make my heart so happy. 'Murica! 

I always enjoy dressing up for holidays, but it sure does take me a while to decide on the perfect outfit. Should I go subtle or all out? How much is too much... Or not enough? Ah! For this year's Independence Day attire, I decided to go classy but noticeable. I wore a blue and white blouse and a bright red statement necklace. I filmed a OOTD video on my YouTube channel featuring the outfit, so be sure to take a peak!
sorry for the selfie

                                        


I had a fabulous weekend. I am just smitten with Tallahassee and am so happy I had the chance to visit my college-town! The north Florida atmosphere makes me grin from ear-to-ear! So many of my friends also made the drive up to The Florida State University this past weekend because it sure is the place to be on the 4th. 
Wescott Fountain at Florida State

my sister and I


On Saturday, my mom, dad, sister, and I ate breakfast at Panera Bread, and my YouTube channel came up in conversation. I then checked my channel and noticed that I had exactly 2K subscribers! Wow! Thank you all so much! I am so lucky to have each and every one of you. :) 

After breakfast, my family and I crossed the Florida Georgia line and spent the morning and early afternoon in Thomasville, Georgia. This was my second time in the quaint little town and it was just as cute as a button. Boutique hopping is one of my favorite hobbies and I just love me some southern hospitality! There is something about the words "ma'am" and "y'all" that make me smile.

had to add a snapchat story ;)

boutique hopping in Thomasville

boutique hopping in Thomasville

boutique hopping in Thomasville

boutique hopping in Thomasville

boutique hopping in Thomasville

boutique hopping in Thomasville

boutique hopping in Thomasville

lunch: BLT && BBQ chips

After spending time in Thomasville, we drove back to Tallahassee, “hung out,” and apartment toured for my sister. When the dinner hour arose, we were all exhausted and a bit "hangry"… at least I was! We ate at Ghengis Grille which is not only an all-time-favorite for my family and I, but also several of my friends. Mongolian stir-fry is just to die for! Delicioso! 

my delicious delicacy!

On Sunday we ate at the infamous iHop for breakfast before saying goodbye to my sister. Me being a plain-Jane ordered what I always do, the 5 Stack ButterMilk Pancakes. Everyone always pokes fun at me for always ordering the most basic thing at iHop possible, so this time I changed it up just a tad. If it counts, I added a side of Oatmeal! 

The drive back home was no fun. No bueno! It rained half the time and the traffic was terrible. We saw several accidents, one being a 10-15 car pile-up! Holy smokes! I will never understand why people continue driving quickly while weaving in and out of lanes while it’s pouring. It makes no sense and it’s dangerous. I hope everyone in the large amount of car accidents and pile up is okay.

I’m now home, resting, and listening to the bellowing thunder. While I do absolutely love Tallahassee and Thomasville, it is always nice to come home. I would have to say I had a pretty solid Fourth of July weekend with the famjam.

What did you all do for the Fourth of July? Tell me! I’d love to know. :)

Work hard, give back, and love.


No comments:

Post a Comment