Saturday, July 26, 2014

GO-TO Summer 2014 Makeup Products

We are now in the central heat of summertime, and it sure is a scorcher here in Florida! My city has been blessed these past few days with overcast skies and thunderstorms making the weather bearable. However, when the sun is out and the skies are blue, the humidity is killer! I am not trying to complain, but I am definitely more a Fall and Winter girl. However, since time flies by so quickly, it is important to enjoy every stage and every moment. I do not want to wish this time away, so I am doing what I can to appreciate the heat. 

Because of the high Florida temperatures, I have been wearing a much lighter amount of makeup this summer. In today’s post, I’m going to show you my 5 Go-To Summer Makeup Products. These products provide coverage and color without being heavy or runny in the heat. With them, I know I’ll look my best all day... whether I’m at working hard or socializing with friends.



My Go-To Summer Makeup Product List

  • Maybelline Dream Fresh BB Cream - Deep: I have been using this BB cream for a few years now, and absolutely love it for the springtime and summertime. My all-time-favorite foundation is the Revlon ColorStay Foundation. However, I prefer using the Maybelline Dream Fresh BB Cream for the duration of the warmer months because it’s so light! This BB Cream is such a stellar product because it is: (1) very light on your face, (2) easily “buildable” for more coverage, (3) has SPF, and (4) does not get runny if/when sweating in the heat! What could be better?! Maybelline has them in six different shades, so no matter where your skin tint is on the color wheel, you’re covered!

  • Urban Decay Eyeshadow - Half Baked: This eyeshadow is a great shade and must-have for all year round. It is especially essential for the summertime because of its warm, golden glow. 

  • CoverGirl LashBlast Waterproof Mascara - Black: This mascara has been one of my favorites for years and years. I tend to stay away from waterproof mascaras because most are extremely hard to remove. However, this one by CoverGirl not only proves itself to be fully waterproof, but also comes off perfectly fine with any makeup remover I’ve used thus far.

  • Maybelline Color Whisper Lipstick - Plum: When I apply this product normally, it is a bit too dark, in my opinion, for the summer. However, when I pat and dab it on lightly before building it up a little bit, the color is phenomenal. It’s not quite pink and it’s not quite red, so it’s that perfect in-between “plummy” shade. 

  • CoverGirl Blush - Iced Plum: When applied, this blush comes off as a soft pink color. While this shade will look exquisite on anyone, I believe it looks especially radiant on deep tan and dark skin tones. I love this blush because it brightens up the face naturally.

Let me know if you try or have tried out any of these products! The CoverGirl and Maybelline products can be purchased at most drugstores, and the Urban Decay eyeshadow can be purchased at stores such as Sephora and Ulta. Just in case you're an online shopper, I have included links to all of the products in this post! 

What are your favorite summer makeup products? I’m dying to know!

Work hard, give back, and love.

Talk soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment